Soothing, Nurturing, and Softening for Body and Soul
The archetypal image of the winter season is that of mother and child, for we all seek the soothing, maternal comfort that allows us to feel secure and deeply nourished. The Calendula flower was also known as Mary’s Gold because its golden blossoms bestow a mothering and calming touch, highly beneficial for all forms of irritation and inflammation. Calendula flowers have been used for various forms of skin restoration, with notable anti-inflammatory, vulnerary and disinfectant properties. Calendula Caress™ is ideal for the delicate skin of infants and children, and as a beneficent balm for birthing and nursing mothers. Calendula Caress™ instills a gentle mothering disposition of soul, showing us the path by which we can heal others with our own word and touch.
The Flower Fusion:
Fresh golden blossoms of Calendula are hand-gathered and solar infused into organic almond oil. A herbal extract of Calendula along with the essential oils of Sandalwood, Vanilla, Chamomile, Marjoram and Lavender provide calming and soothing qualities. The flower essences Calendula, Mariposa Lily and Star Tulip provide mothering aspects that help the body-soul feel deeply receptive and gently embraced.
- Soak in warm baths of Calendula Caress™ to replenish and moisturize the skin during times of winter cold and indoor dry air, or summer heat and dryness
- Consider for calming and receptivity especially during times of emotional upset, moodiness or irritability
- Use for any skin that is fine, delicate or hypersensitive, including children and infants
- Apply to skin that tends toward inflammation or redness of any kind
- Use warm compresses of Calendula for swollen areas of the lymphatic system, or for slow-healing wounds or skin ulcers
- Employ as a gentle harmonizer for the feminine: for the breasts of nursing mothers, as a moisturizing balm for the birthing belly, and for calming and centering during the moon cycle
I use the Calendula Caress™ in my massage practice. It really calms people down, is good for the lymphatic system, and letting go of anger.